12 Apr Green Deviled Eggs
Green Deviled Eggs
Green deviled eggs! Hardboiled egg halves, stuffed with avocado! In place of mayo we're packing these egg halves with avocado. This is without question a protein-rich and healthy fat-filled snack!
Servings: 6 people
- 12 hardboiled Eggs
- 2 medium avocados
- sea salt optional
- paprika optional
- PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in a single layer
- ADD cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch
- HEAT over high heat just to boiling
- REMOVE from burner
- COVER pan. LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs; 15 minutes for extra-large)
- DRAIN immediately and serve warm. OR, cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE
- Boil 12 eggs and peel them*.
- When cooled, slice eggs in half long ways and scoop out the yolk. Discard yolk or save for a future recipe.
- Slice avocado in half. Discard the seed.
- Scoop out avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork. Evenly divide mashed avocado among egg white halves and pack in the center.
- Sprinkle salt and paprika on top to taste. Serve.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING: 141 calories, 8.5 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of fat, and 4 grams of dietary fiber.