13 Jan Hamburger Healthy
Enjoy a fat burning, protein-packed, childhood favorite made from scratch! This homemade chili cheese hamburger healthy recipe offers a balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat so that you are satiated and able to eat an economically friendly meal and keep your blood sugar and waistline under control.
Servings: 4 people
- 12 oz lean ground turkey/ground beef
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup skim milk Soy or Almond
- 1½ cups pasta sauce
- 1½ cups elbow macaroni dry
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or corn starch)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp evaporated cane juice (sugar)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet and drain.
- In the same skillet add hot water, tomato sauce and milk.
- Add macaroni elbows followed by seasonings*.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low for about 12-20 minutes or until macaroni elbows are tender.
- During the last few minutes of cook time, stir in the cheese, cover the skillet again and give a few minutes of cook time.
- Let stand to thicken to your liking before serving.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING: 424 calories, 27 grams of protein, 51 grams of carbohydrates, 12.5 grams of fat, 3 grams of fiber