14 Apr Minty Fresh Grilled Chicken
Minty Fresh Grilled Chicken
Serve this Indian-inspired chicken with a side dish of cucumber salad or another salad of your choice.
Servings: 6 people
- Small Bowl
- Grill Pan
- 2¼ cups greek yogurt
- 2½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 (4 ounce) skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp diced green onion
- ¾ cup whole fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the yogurt, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil; then mix in the black pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Add the chicken and turn until well coated. Marinate at room temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir together the remaining 1 ¼ cups of yogurt, the remaining 1 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice, and the chopped mint leaves. Set aside.
- Spray a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it over medium heat. When the pan is hot, discard the marinade and grill the chicken over indirect heat, turning occasionally, until the juices run clear, 18 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, toss together the remaining ½ tablespoon of the oil, the green onion, and whole mint leaves. Drizzle the chicken with the yogurt sauce, and top with the green onion and mint mixture.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING: 266.2 calories, 43.6 grams of protein, 4.5 grams of carbohydrates, 7.7 grams of fat, and .6 grams of dietary fiber.