18 Feb Solo Chicken Salad
Solo Chicken Salad
Just in time for spring, a hearty romaine salad full of rotisserie chicken, potatoes, cucumber, peppers and a homemade dressing to help you maximize fat loss for summer.
Servings: 4 people
- Small pot
- Food processor
- Large bowl
- ½ lb small red-skinned potatoes halved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 romaine hearts, torn
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded about 2 cups
- 1 Kirby cucumber, peeled, half lengthwise seeded and sliced
- 4 radishes cut into wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- Place the potatoes in a small pot and cover with water. Cover and boil until fork-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, pulse the chives, tarragon, vinegar, yogurt, and pepper in a food processor. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and pulse to make a thick dressing.
- Toss the romaine, potatoes, chicken, cucumber, radishes and bell pepper with the dressing in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 349.8 calories (27.9 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbohydrates, 17.5 grams of fat, 6.6 grams of fiber).