25 Feb Stuffing for Grubbing
Stuffing for Grubbing
An original turkey stuffing with a fat burning twist! Whole wheat bread, onions and celery cooked with seasonings to enhance any Thanksgiving or Holiday feast. This Fast Carb is delicious, nutritious and waistline friendly. Enjoy!
- Dutch oven
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sliced whole wheat bread
- ¾ cup butter consider using Smart Balance® or Earth Balance® Buttery Spread
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup reduced (low) sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Let bread slices air dry for 1 to 2 hours, then cut into cubes.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until soft. Season with poultry seasoning and pepper. Stir in bread cubes until evenly coated. Add broth and mix well.
- Chill, and serve when ready.
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 181.4 calories (5.5 grams of protein, 24.1 grams of carbohydrates, 7.3 grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber).